Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thoughts

1. What is it about nursing? I'm a sugar craving, ravishing beast... much more so than I ever was when I was pregnant. This is not cool, as I would like to lose the last poundage of baby weight from the big guy. Is this just me, or is it normal?!

2. Grant is certain that our third baby will be a boy, and that is name will be Ray (his dad's name) since I forbade it the last two times around. He thinks we made a deal after we named Davis, that he gets the next name, and it will be Ray. Methinks I was much too drugged in the operating recovery room to ever have made such a deal. Let's pray the next child, whenever that may be, will be a girl, just for that reason! :)

3. I am beyond ready for spring! I can't stand being housebound, and it's much too cold traipsing these two kiddos around. Last Saturday, while Grant was at school, I braved the frigid temperature and wind chill, bundled the little ones, and headed downtown to treat ourselves to some Sprinkles cupcakes (who am I kidding, the sugar was calling for me). The walk around downtown was completely insane. Davis slept the entire time in his car seat with his warm jj cole insert, as Noah said over and over again, "I'm cold, I'm cold, I'm cold!" Me too buddy, me too. The cupcakes were totally worth it though.

one more

4. So a week after I had Davis, I started walking for about 45 -60 minutes on our treadmill... something's gotta make up for how I've been eating... today, I was feeling like it was time to up the antey, so I increased my speed to a jog. Let's just say that it's been a while since I've needed such a good sports bra. Holy hannah. Anyway, tomorrow starts the sugar free diet. Something's gotta change around here!


That's all. :)

4 comments:

Dede said...

I know we have been playing phone tag but I need to try calling you again so we can talk about these thoughts :) I will send you an email!

Kandace Lewis said...

1. I ate Swedish Fish and Cinnamon Bears pretty much around the clock when I was nursing the girlies.

2. Any promises made in the operating room are void. They totally don't count. Unless, of course, it's the daddy making them. Then they absolutely must be upheld.

3. We're very sick of the cold, too.

4. Exercising one week after a c-section! Wow! I'm not sure if I should scold you or praise you, but I do know that you make me look lazy. :)

Bri said...

Don't worry Kandace, I started walking very, very slowly! Almost like I needed a walker. :)

Brooke said...

Sugar, sugar, sugar - yum! I felt the same way. My sugar cravings are finally starting to subside in the last month or so...and I'm saying that after eating 6 peanut butter cookies today.

We need to run a race together sometime!