Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Big Baby Davis

On our way to the hospital... I had no idea that a gigantic baby was about to grace us with his presence. Noah weighed just over 7 pounds, but I was bigger with this pregnancy, and I knew I wasn't making up all of that rib pain!Laying on the operating table... I was so nervous. The nurses asked me what music I wanted to listen to while they did the c-section, so we had a little Justin Timberlake in the background trying to distract me. :)
Proud daddy. My doctor and the nurses (and us, of course) were completely shocked when they finally got the big guy out.
9 pounds, 4 ounces! I asked them to double check their scale, I thought that could not be right!
Davis Thomas (Thomas [Tom]) is my dad's name

The boys. Noah was so excited to meet the baby. He was a little confused at first, then really confused why we weren't coming home for a few days.
My mom came the night before the scheduled c-section to help stay with Noah while we were in the hospital. Noah has given her a run for her money. He's had quite the attitude all week.
Thank heavens Davis is a good baby! I am hoping it stays that way. :)
Check out those thighs!
Love this boy.
Do we look happy or what?! ;) Here we are struggling with a difficult Noah. Haha.
We are so happy Davis made it here safely. They were concerned about his breathing for the first few hours of his life, and concerned that they may have knicked my bladder while stitching me up, but everything turned out just fine. I am definitley sore from the surgery, but we are grateful to be home with this sweet baby!

I'll have to take some more recent pictures. He dropped some weight in the hospital, so he looks like a normal newborn now... not so chunky anymore.
The day after we had Davis, my brother Brandon and his wife Lindsay had their little baby girl, Isla Mae. I'll have to get some pictures up of her because she's adorable.
Happy New Year!

13 comments:

Lucy said...

Congratulations! He's sure cute and I love his name! Nice job! And you look absolutely stunning-- especially for just having had a baby. I may need tips. Beautiful family!

Our Loved-up Family said...

Congrats Bri, he's adorable! And you look FANTASTIC!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

He is so CUTE! :) Congrats! You look amazing!

Ash said...

So handsome! Congratulations!!!

Sheree Evans said...

Look at that kiddo!!! Can't wait for more pics! Glad you're both doing well!

Laurel said...

I love that his little eyes are open in that last picture with you. :) He is adorable, and perfect, and the sweetest chunk, Briauna! I, obviously, also love that Brandon had his baby the day after you guys. Congratulations!!!

Alex said...

First off, you look amazing in your pre-baby picture. I'm jealous. And secondly, I can't believe you had a nine pound baby! Wow! Good thing you opted for the section over the vbac!

Davis looks so cute and I can't wait for he & Cole to be buds. Noah looks like he & Meg were on about the same wave length during delivery time. I had Leute watch Meg and she definitely gave Leute a run for her money!

Congrats! He is perfect! Can't wait to meet him.

amber said...

These are great photos! Davis is beautiful (and Noah is too!) I hope you're all doing well, and I hope to meet this baby soon... xo

Jen said...

Congrats!!! He is beautiful, and my, so are you! Now, move back so I can have a workout buddy!

Linsey de Guzman said...

Congratulations!!! He is such a cute little (big!) guy! I am so happy for you and Grant-- looking forward to photos as he grows!

Sarah said...

No way that TEENY tummy of yours housed a 9+ lb baby. You looked amazing. Quite a story. CONGRATS!!!!

Kandace Lewis said...

I can't get over how awesome you look heading to the hospital. By that phase of my pregnancy I was a slob. :)

Duncahoo said...

Congrats! He is adorable! I love that he is so chunky, you remember my girls!!! Hope all is well and miss our chatting! You look great!