Back in June Grant and I celebrated our 10 YEAR anniversary! What did we do to celebrate? We went to dinner that ended up being not very good and walked around a cute little outdoor mall in West Palm Beach, then went home. Exciting, huh?! We were both so tired that night. I think I always imagined a nice trip ALONE or something for celebrating 10 years, but that is just not possible when you live across the country from family or anyone you have or trust to watch your 3 little kids to get away for a few days! Anyway, it was fine, and nice even just having dinner with just the two of us and not worrying about feeding other kids or worrying about how loud our very lively children are at a nice restaurant.
Fast forward to two months later... a couple weeks ago, Grant ended up scoring tickets to a Justin Timberlake after concert concert at a small theater in Miami Beach two days before the show. I was so pumped!! The concert wasn't supposed to start until around midnight (actually ended up going from 2:30-4a.m.), so I thought we should get a babysitter to stay with the kids for just one night and make a short and mini staycation out of it. IT WAS A BLAST!!! Even if Grant may have not been super thrilled to go to a JT concert, it was tons of fun just having the night together ALONE! It had been like 5 years since we've had a night away from the kiddos! We ended up getting in the front row since it was general admission and got in line early and we met some of the funniest people and fans in line.
I told Grant we could count this as our do-over anniversary weekend getaway. :)
Grant doesn't look too thrilled in these pictures since we waited in line outside on like the hottest and most humid night so far this year for two hours. These pictures were cracking me up all night because we were all SO excited in line and Grant's expressions were just killing me. But once the show finally started, he had fun. How could you not?! ;)
We were so close, I could not even believe it. The show was so great, and he is really such an amazing performer.
We ended up staying at a cute little hotel a block away from the theater and a block in the other direction from the beach.. It was awesome. The morning after the concert we went to the beach, had a nice brunch, walked around south beach a bit, then headed home late afternoon. It was such a fun weekend and I'm already ready for another weekend alone with my hubs.
This handsome guy was such a good sport as I swooned and acted like a 14 yr old girl after her celebrity crush all weekend.
In 10 years, we've had 10 moves, lived in 4 different states, gone through 5 painful and terrible rounds of invitro, lots of tears, lots of joy, and have had 3 beautiful children. I love this man of mine for supporting our family and always working so hard, loving unconditionally, and always having something funny to say. xoxo!








No comments:
Post a Comment