My trip to California was so fast. It was a long flight from Chicago being as pregnant as I am, but it was fun.
Thursday morning I stopped at the Grove as they happen to be filming Extra. They had me keep walking behind the hosts during a couple of takes. Of course I had come straight in my gym clothes, hat, and no makeup on. Luckily that TV appearance of mine you could miss in the blink of an eye. It was funny to see Maria Menunous wearing uggs with her cute dress in 70 degree weather. It was beautiful outside! I also walked by Jane Lynch. I swear, it is the place to go for celebrity sightings.
Then onto Ellen! It was so much fun. It was another long day, but well worth it. Everyone in the audience scored some great gifts, but the best one by far was the Sleep Number bed! Can't wait to get that one shipped to us! It was fun seeing the show in person, but it seemed so scripted to me. Which I'm sure it is, but it was kinda weird. There was lots of energy in the audience, and so much fun seeing so many pregnant moms to be!
Staying with my aunt Kathy is always fun, but man, it is crazy! Who has eight dogs?! I slept so bad the few nights I was there. The last night I finally had her take me to a pharmacy so I could get some unisom to help me sleep through the barking, etc. Ca-razy.
My grandpa came up from Orange county one morning and did some gardening for Kathy, then we all went to the yummiest brunch. It was fun seeing him! Some things never change. He will always be obsessed with gardening and Spanish. He came up with a car full of soil, his shovel, and plants. Then, he stopped any waiter, , etc in the restaurant who looked like they might speak Spanish and try to have a conversation with them. Too funny.
Farewell California, I don't know when I will see you again.
...next post details...





No comments:
Post a Comment