Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Florida

I will try not to get teary-eyed as I type this post.  As excited as I am for Grant to have found a job, more specifically a job that he is thrilled about, I am so sad that it is SO far away!  Florida.  I would have never thought I would be a south Florida resident.  Could we get any farther in the states from our families?! 
 
Grant is taking a job at a lighting company west of Ft. Lauderdale as the director of sales.  The best part about the job is there will be no travel!  The crazy part is that we are having a baby in 7-8 weeks!  We've got to find a house to rent, get moved, find a doctor, and buy a new car (I sold my murano about a month ago since I'll need a bigger vehicle with the 3 kiddos) all within the next few weeks.  Let's just say I am having a hard time falling asleep at night.  So much on my mind right now!

We came out on Monday to try to find a place, and I think we're getting close on a couple options.  It is weird how suburban the cities around here feel to me.  I feel like we are going to be so bored after leaving Chicago where there is so much to do.  Although I won't miss the cold at all, it's amazing how hot and humid it already is in Florida.  I guess I have to think of the summer months as the bad ones out of the year and look forward to 80 degree weather come January/February.  The realtor we've been working with was telling us today that we won't need coats, and you will never run a heater.  What a change this will be!  I just wish it was a short flight away from our families in Utah.  That's what makes me the most sad.  I know it will be nearly impossible trying to get on a 5 hour flight with three kiddos, especially by myself.  Not something I can manage or handle... especially with Davis at this busy and loud age!

So, that is why I am insisting on finding a 4 bedroom so we can keep our guest bed for VISITORS!  That's right, we will be waiting for you.  :)

2 comments:

amber said...

I'm excited of you guys. I'm thinking of you in ray bans and flip flops all year, and I think you're going to love it. Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

Sarah said...

Well that's a big adjustment. Life is crazy, huh?? So I had a Murano until I had 2 kids. We upgraded to a bigger SUV crossover when #3 came, a Buick Enclave. We call it our van alternative. Love it but I miss that Murano sometimes!