Today I became one of "those" people... You know, the kind that get rid of their dogs after they have kids? I didn't think I would ever become that person, but indeed I have. Well, Grant wasn't going to let me get rid of Grace and Pedro unless I found a home that would take BOTH dogs; he did not want them split up. I thought this was unrealistic and that nobody would want to take both of them. Well, after an hour of me listing them on KSL, I got a phone call from a family that indeed wanted both doggies. I could not sleep last night, and I was tempted to call off the arrangement... how could I do this? We LOVE those dogs!
The family came and picked up the dogs today and it was very, very sad. I sobbed when their car pulled up in the driveway, I blubbered when I explained how great they both were and told them about their manerisms, and I bawled like a baby when they left. Like my mom said... it's like there's been a death in the family. Grant had me make sure and ask the family if it would be okay if he went to visit them every so often, and they glady said yes.
All I can think of now, is how on earth do people give their children up for adoption? Thank heavens they do, for adoption blesses so many people's lives. Today was one of the hardest things I have done, but I know it will be for the best. Grant and I are just gone too much, and now with baby Noah, we just don't give them the attention they deserve. They truly were the best dogs. So long Grace and Pedro... you will be greatly missed! (I'm tearing up as I type this...ugh...)

8 comments:
I don't have dogs (and the disclaimer isn't needed cause in no way is it ridiculous), but Bri this is really sad. I am so sorry. What a sacrifice you had to make!!! I hope that as with all trials "this too will pass". And that you will visit them often. so sad & so sorry!
Ohhh, that really is so sad! And you know that I would not pamper talk about one's dogs unless I really meant it... :) I love that Grant is planning on visiting - that just makes me laugh. At least now you do not have to feel like you are neglecting either of them every time you're ignoring their whimpers to take care of Noah. You guys will do great!
I can't believe you did that, you both loved those dogs. I'm sorry, that sucks. I can't wait to see you though even though it is still a while away.
Ah, that would be tough! Time heals all pain though. I'm sure the new family will take wonderful care of your sweet doggies!
Bri, I am so sorry that your lost your little guys. But I told Chyler right away about it because he wants to get a dog so bad and I figure if you two who love dogs so much can't handle it than I definitely can't do it. I hope that Noah can help you feel better, babies have a way of doing that.
May Tito also fare well until we see him again!
Riley and Dede
Dede, your comment cracked me up! Poor little doggies...
Post a Comment