Thursday, August 28, 2008

Advice?

So here's the latest:

1. I broke my camera last week; the second one this summer! This time though it was in it's case, and I still seemed to do some damage. Cheap casio... Luckily they were both free (incentive gifts). So anyway, I need some opinions or advice on a new one.....one that I don't plan on dropping. :) Here is the last picture I took before I broke the camera: Noah at 3 months (not the greatest shot, but oh well).
2. Which leads to numero dos: three month old Noah is already teething! Argh.... Any advice here?! I'm not having much luck with the teething rings, since he's not even old enough to hold them himself. Teething tablets/orajel doesn't seem to be doing any good, so it seems as though I'm left with children's Tylenol and a baby in a lot of pain! I cancelled my trip home to Washington this weekend because I didn't want to get on a plane with a screaming baby! Help!

3. I ran my first 1/2 marathon last Saturday. It was a lot of fun! I must say that I was pretty proud of myself for doing this with not much training. (I ran 10 miles the week before, and that was about it.....) But anyway my question is this.... Is it just me, or am I the only one that is hungry all of the time due to nursing a baby?! I'm in a rut and can't seem to lose the unwanted 10 lbs. Need some new ideas to help the "plateau." The usual running and workouts aren't cutting it here.

4. Any fun things to do for Labor Day? I'm very depressed knowing that winter is right around the corner. This summer has gone by way too fast.... I have loved every 90 degree day!

5. Cut or not to cut? Blonde or darker? The hair that is.....

5 comments:

Nancy said...

These are serious questions. But I will see what i can do. I have a little Canon PowerShot SD800 and I LOVE IT! Lauren started teething at 3 months as well. Infant tylenol was the best thing for me. I never thought the other stuff worked. Half marathon...and you just had a baby? Maybe you actually need the extra 10 lbs to sustain yourself. But really, don't stress the last 10 is always the hardest and just takes a little longer (or forever in my case.) xo Nancy

Kristi said...

I have a Cannon PowerShot SD750 and I love it too! It's the best camera I've ever had. I've dropped it many times and it still works perfectly. Very kid friendly. Tori is teething as well. I'm in the same predicament you are! I let her chew on my knuckles, she likes that. Plus I stick a teething ring in the fridge and just hold it for her. Tylenol is the best option. The last 10 lbs is a bugger! I'm trying to shed mine as well. If you still want to breastfeed, you might need to keep the extra weight. When you start cutting calories, your milk supply will probably go down. Other than that, green tea diet suppressants are great! It really helps with the feeling hungry all day thing. Since I started those I've lost 3 lbs and I only eat 3 meals a day again like a normal person! Good luck!

Sarah said...

ok that's a lot. here goes on my advice:

canon's are great. I have one. But Olympus sells a basically unbreakable one that looks awesome. It's waterproof, crushproof, heatproof, and more plus with lots of good features.

i think that nursing makes you more hungry than pregnancy, but you are also burning a ton of calories. I hope the pounds start to come off with all of your running.

tomorrow at 11 at the church we will be cutting & sewing and need lots of help!!

i love you blonde.

There it is. I don't have a lot of help with teeth. Andie didn't get her first one till 9 months!!

Laurel said...

K, so the only "helpful" thing I have an opinion on is the weight-loss. Not so much on HOW to lose the weight, but hopefully to help you feel a little bit better. Those last 10 lbs. are a B!#*@. That's all there is to it. I was the same, where I lost most of it fairly quickly and without much effort. I just snacked all day, including a lot of healthy snacks in there. A lot of celery or apple slices with peanut butter, I lived on Lean Cuisines, yogurt (those "dessert" Yoplait options are actually pretty good), and of course Diet Cokes. :) Really, though, you're mostly hungry because of the nursing WITH how much you exercise. Just make sure you're snacking a lot.

Btw, TOTALLY impressed with the 1/2 marathon and running you do!!!

Laurel said...

One more... As for the camera, my beef with our Kodak (that I've heard is fairly across-the-board with Kodaks) is that there is a HUGE delay from when you click the shutter, its visibility on your screen, and when you can take another one. Pretty annoying actually. I have heard awesome things about every Canon. Hope that helps a little!