So we made it to Kauai. After about 13 hours of travel, we were exhausted by the time we finally got to our hotel room. Don't worry though, the boys were up at 4 a.m. the next morning. I'm seriously pooped. The hotel we are staying at is absolutely beautiful though. Not the most kid friendly, but oh well. The worst part, is that it is raining here. Pouring ran. Like, flash flood warning rain. The roads to the towns are closed due to the flood advisory and rivers flooding. Seriously... I will never come to Hawaii again. Two for two now, both times I've been to Hawaii we've had bad weather. Last time we were in Maui, it was cold. It's beautiful here, but it is so far away, and so expensive. I'd rather be in soCal poolside or something.
Here are some shots we got yesterday when it stopped raining for about 5 minutes. We finally gave in and just hit the pools and hot tub in the rain yesterday. Today, there hasn't been a minute without rain. The surf is outrageous right now!
And I think we'll be doing a lot of this. Cartoon watching in the hotel room. With ridiculous room service bills.
Grant and I were joking yesterday that we're going to go home whiter than we were when we got here. My self tanner is already fading. ;)
Dang you, Hawaii.

1 comment:
We just got back for Oahu and we had rain for about a day, but we had a lot of wind and high surf. I don't think that I will go to Hawaii in the winter again. We didn't get much of a tan.
Post a Comment